Antwort schreiben 
Jitendex is a free, offline, and openly licensed Japanese-to-English dictionary
Verfasser Nachricht
harerod

Beitrag #1
Ich bin gerade über dieses Projekt gestolpert, erste öffentliche Version von Oktober 2023:
https://jitendex.org/

Die Patreon-Seite läuft noch etwas schleppend, gibt aber interessante Hintergrundinformationen:
https://www.patreon.com/jitendex/about

Zitat:
I'm Stephen Kraus, the developer of Jitendex. I am also a member of the editorial board of the EDRDG, a volunteer and non-profit organization dedicated to producing free Japanese-to-English dictionary data. This data, especially the JMdict ("Japanese-Multilingual Dictionary") data, is viewed by users millions of times every year via popular websites such as jisho.org.

In 2022, I designed and developed a new implementation of the JMdict data for a dictionary application known as Yomichan. This new version was well received and became informally known as "JMdict Extra." I began regularly contributing to the JMdict project as a result of this experience, and over the past two years I submitted edits for over 5,000 dictionary entries.

The Yomichan project was abandoned in 2023, and the future of the software became uncertain. I started the Jitendex project to continue my development of improved JMdict implementations for offline dictionary apps other than just Yomichan. However, through the incredible efforts of many volunteers, Yomichan thankfully survives to this day as Yomitan.

On Patreon, you can support my contributions to free and high-quality language learning materials. Below are some of my goals and areas of interest.

New features and content for Jitendex such as illustrations within dictionary entries, animated stroke diagrams within kanji entries, and much more

Compatibility with more dictionary formats such as Mobi for Amazon Kindle

Expansion of the JMdict database through the addition of new dictionary entries

Quality improvements for existing entries in the database
12.03.24 17:30
Webseite des Benutzers besuchen Alle Beiträge dieses Benutzers finden Diese Nachricht in einer Antwort zitieren
Antwort schreiben 

Möglicherweise verwandte Themen...
Thema: Verfasser Antworten: Ansichten: Letzter Beitrag
[外] in dictionary.goo.ne.jp harerod 10 2.138 11.04.24 20:43
Letzter Beitrag: harerod
Alternativen zu OJAD (am besten offline) 梨ノ木 10 4.056 24.07.20 23:01
Letzter Beitrag: Yano
My Japanese Coach (für Nintendo DS) Mikasa 12 6.007 13.03.16 00:22
Letzter Beitrag: Nia
NHK WORLD's radio broadcast Japanese Lessons - Serienneustart ab 30. März '15 Mikasa 2 2.289 07.04.15 10:29
Letzter Beitrag: Mikasa
Offline Wörterbuch Datenbank anlegen mit Vokabel Suche,Kanji-Darstellung u.Abfragung Kitoai 5 4.817 13.02.14 21:57
Letzter Beitrag: Tommy